Friday, January 5, 2007

Power Moves - Wyclef Jean


Wyclef has been appointed Haiti's roving ambassador. How ill is that?

Really he already was Haiti's ambassador in the eyes of Haitian's all over. Clef is 1/3 of the group that put Haitian's on the map back when we was fighting to get respect. Did I mention I'm Haitian? My mother is at least, I was born here. Anyways don't act like you don't remember, Haitians wasn't getting no respect back in the day. Laugh now biyatches.

Whats this got to do with personal finance and/or hip-hop? Everything. I'm neutral when it comes to politics but that doesn't take away from the fact that its a power move on Clef's part, and I find it motivating. Clef started with one mic and now has political clout like Nobel Peace Prize winner
Wangari Maathai. Do the math.

And don't get it twisted, this isn't just some pretty title they threw on duke that holds no weight. Hes already getting bills passed
according to Pablo Bachelet of the Miami Herald.

Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
- Biggie, "Juicy"

Now that, my friend, is whats up.


0 comments :